Sunday, June 28, 2009

Dream #2

I do not remember the order thing happened in this dream.

There was a part where I/we were walking along a sidewalk and looking at yard sales. (I say "I/we" because I may or may not have been a group of people. This is probably the most accurate pronoun for most of my dreams-- ambiguous plural/singular self.) This was very much based on yesterday; there are a lot of yardsales around right now. But, the yardsales were larger and the things in them were more like things in antique stores. I believe I/we visited two such sales, and the second one became an indoor thing after a while (so, *really* an antique store). The whole dream was more east/west then north/south (unlike walkking yesterday), including after I/we were indoors; so, the building was basically long and thin. Also, it did not have a flat floor-- there were several levels , but nothing elevated/lowered enough to require a real stairway, just single steps.

At this point I started looking at some fancy toothpicks. There were several different kinds. Some just had small pebbles as handgrips, some were more crafted. The picks themselves were still wodden, which I take it is fairly unrealistic for a decorative toothpick set. One of them was covered in resin or something, though. (The whole thing; handle and wooden picking-end.) An older man started explaining the craftmanship and origins to me. Apparently these were mountaneering toothpicks. They came from two competing companies, and he explained how they approached the problem of making the handle differently (one manufactured by subtracting material, the other by adding material). One of the two approaches was superior (adding?) and eventually won the majority of the marked for decorative mountaneering toothpicks.

There was also a segment somewhere in the dream in which a church trip which I was not going on still for some reason was leaving from our old house in Reed City. When it pulled away, I could see a large toy robot (of a very simple design) in the back. The next thing I remember is being in a car with the family (apparently we were going on a trip of our own) and talking with Daniel about the movie that robot was from (not a real movie). We had been anticipating it, but we realized we had somehow let its release slip by some time ago.

1 comment:

  1. you dream some weeeeeiiiiirrrrrd stuff dear.

    decorative. mountaineering. toothpicks. someone must've been real bored.

    ReplyDelete